We are happy to announce the release of Brainsight 2.4.2.
Before proceeding with this update, please read the following important information.
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later is required. For a free update, visit <https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/>. Contact us if you need to upgrade your Mac hardware.
- This version of Brainsight was tested against OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.12.6 (Sierra), 10.13.6 (High Sierra), 10.14.6 (Mojave), and 10.15.2 (Catalina).
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and earlier are unsupported.
Important Compatibility Note:
- Note: the project file format has changed vs version 2.3.x. Brainsight 2.4 can open documents created by older versions of Brainsight, but older versions of Brainsight cannot open documents created by Brainsight 2.4. Opening an old project will convert the project format, and the conversion cannot be reversed.
Changes since version 2.4.1:
- When performing coil (or tool) calibrations, relaxed the check for how much the calibration block and tool tracker moved (it became too strict in Brainsight 2.4, resulting in calibrations sometimes failing even when the trackers were reasonably still).
- When using the ‘target positioning tool’, targets are once again drawn semi-transparent (this broke in Brainsight 2.3.4).
- The driver for the KeySpan USB-serial adapter is no longer installed because it does not work well with recent versions of macOS. If you have the driver already installed (from a previous version of Brainsight), it won’t be uninstalled, so you can continue to use it, however, we recommend contacting us for a free replacement.
- The newest version of the FTDI device driver is now installed (this controls communication with RS-232 serial devices like the Polaris camera and Magstim TMS stimulator).
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
- Brainsight 2.4.2 can be downloaded from our website here: <https://www.rogue-research.com/downloads>
- You might also need to download “Support Files Human 1.5” and/or “Support Files Vet 1.2” if you have an older version. Brainsight will warn at launch if that’s the case.
- You’ll need your serial number, which you can get from Brainsight itself from the Brainsight menu > ‘Enter/View Serial Number’.
- Please report any and all bugs, feedback, suggestions, etc. to <email@example.com> or by phone at +1-866-984-3888 (Canada & USA) or +1-514-284-3888.
The Rogue Research Team