We are happy to announce the release of Brainsight 2.3.4.
Before proceeding with this update, please read the following important information.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later is required. For a free update, visit <https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/>. Contact us if you need to upgrade your Mac hardware.
- This version of Brainsight was tested against OS X 10.10.5, 10.11.6, and 10.12.3 (Sierra).
- We will not be supporting 10.9 for much longer; if you still use it, please upgrade.
Changes since version 2.3.3:
- Numerous performance improvements in various places:
- Improved 2D & 3D drawing performance in various places, especially with overlays on curvilinear reconstructions.
- Better performance working with many landmarks or electrodes.
- Faster region painting.
- TTL triggers (ex: from our optional foot switch) can now be used during the coil/tool calibration procedure (useful for single operators).
- Sample colour can now be changed from the Session Perform window.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the region paint window when choosing certain “isolation colours”.
- Fixed various issues with the reconstruction+chamber clipping feature where it would previously sometimes hang, crash, or produce the wrong result.
- Fixed a bug where electrode names would still be visible in 3D views even if the view was rotated such that they were in the back.
- Fixed a bug where loading files with many electrodes would hang.
- Fixed a bug where changing chamber properties would fail to redraw 2D views.
- Connection tubes drawn between NIRS optodes in 3D views can now be clicked, which selects the two optodes at each end.
- Image views are now able to draw characters from many more languages than before (ex: Japanese).
- In addition to the CAD formats that can already be imported/exported (.stl, .ply, .dxf, .bscad), the .vtk polydata format is now also supported.
- All the various parts of the user interface that show or accept numbers now use the localization settings from macOS System Preferences (ex: comma vs period for the decimal point).
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
- Brainsight 2.3.4 can be downloaded from our website here <https://www.rogue-research.com/downloads.html>
- You’ll need your serial number, which you can get from Brainsight itself from the Brainsight menu > ‘Enter Serial Number’.
- Please report any and all bugs, feedback, suggestions, etc. to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at +1-866-984-3888 (Canada & USA) or +1-514-284-3888.
The Rogue Research Team