We are happy to announce the release of Brainsight 2.3.5.
Before proceeding with this update, please read the following important information.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later is required. For a free update, visit <https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/>. Contact us if you need to upgrade your Mac hardware.
- This version of Brainsight was tested against OS X 10.10.5, 10.11.6, and 10.12.4 (Sierra).
- We will not be supporting 10.9 for much longer; if you still use it, please upgrade.
Changes since version 2.3.4:
- Added initial support for our new Vet Robot product.
- Improved performance and responsiveness when dealing with large amounts of NIRS or EMG data. Previously, live NIRS and EMG views would always try to draw at 3 Hz, but now drawing speed is increased/decreased dynamically based on how busy the computer is. So, smaller workloads will now draw much faster and more smoothly, while larger workloads will draw more slowly and choppily, but with the benefit that the computer should not become unworkably slow.
- Opening a menu or popup menu no longer stops live drawing (of Polaris tool positions, EMG/NIRS waveforms, etc.)
- The Session > Electrodes step now allows using the bullseye view to help position optodes/electrodes in the desired location.
- Fixed a bug where inline/inline90/perpendicular views would appear much smaller than sagittal/coronal/transverse views for datasets with small (< 1 mm) voxel size.
- The reconstruction+chamber clipping feature will now warn if either reconstruction or chamber mesh consists of more than one part, because the resulting output uses only the largest part of each.
- Fixed a crash trying to open very large medical image files (as anatomical or overlay). Also improved performance dealing with such large files.
- The sagittal view in the AC-PC-Box window now has the nose pointing left, like all the other sagittal views in other windows.
- Fixed a long-standing (but merely cosmetic) bug where the edge-most voxel in all 2D and 3D slice views was a half voxel instead of a full voxel.
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
- Brainsight 2.3.5 can be downloaded from our website here: <https://www.rogue-research.com/downloads>
- You’ll need your serial number, which you can get from Brainsight itself from the Brainsight menu > ‘Enter Serial Number’.
- Please report any and all bugs, feedback, suggestions, etc. to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at +1-866-984-3888 (Canada & USA) or +1-514-284-3888.
The Rogue Research Team