We are happy to announce the release of Brainsight 2.3.7.
Before proceeding with this update, please read the following important information.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later is required. For a free update, visit <https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/>. Contact us if you need to upgrade your Mac hardware.
- This version of Brainsight was tested against OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.12.6 (Sierra), and 10.13.1 (High Sierra).
- We will not be supporting 10.9 and 10.10 for much longer; if you still use either, please upgrade.
Changes since version 2.3.6:
- Made many improvements for our new Vet Robot product.
- Added a new feature in the NIRS Configuration window to perform laser source calibration. This procedure is only necessary if you have multiple sets of fibres and change from one to another.
- Added a new popup menu near the bottom-left of the Session Perform window that shows the distance between the selected reconstruction and the current crosshairs position. This can be used, for example, to know the distance from the TMS coil to the cortex in realtime.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘distance to reconstruction’ calculation available in various windows would be inaccurate for projects that were re-opened after their initial creation (but accurate for freshly created projects). In most instances, the inaccuracy was less than 1 mm.
- Added a few new options to the preferences window: 1) preferred bullseye type (coil-centric or target-centric), 2) waveform view background grid colour, 3) 750 nm NIRS waveform colour, and 4) “Begin countdown” phrase for speech recognition.
- The newest version of the FTDI device driver (2.4.2) is now installed (this controls communication with RS-232 serial devices like the Polaris camera and Magstim TMS stimulator).
- The reconstruction+chamber clipping feature now applies the effect of the “3D Crop Tool” when clipping against curvilinear reconstructions (it was already doing this with surfaces).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exporting DICOM files.
- Fixed a bug where toggling the visibility checkbox in a waveform view’s legend would not immediately toggle the channel’s visibility.
- Fixed a bug where click-selecting an electrode/optode would unintentionally move the crosshairs too.
- Fixed a bug where creating a new session by importing a file would display a spurious (but harmless) error message.
- Fixed a bug where the crash reporter would fail to send crash reports if there was a large amount of information.
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
- Brainsight 2.3.7 can be downloaded from our website here: <https://www.rogue-research.com/downloads>
- You’ll need your serial number, which you can get from Brainsight itself from the Brainsight menu > ‘Enter/View Serial Number’.
- Please report any and all bugs, feedback, suggestions, etc. to <email@example.com> or by phone at +1-866-984-3888 (Canada & USA) or +1-514-284-3888.
The Rogue Research Team