We are happy to announce the release of Brainsight 2.4.5.
Before proceeding with this update, please read the following important information.
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later is required. For a free update, visit <https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/>. Contact us if you need to upgrade your Mac hardware.
- This version of Brainsight was tested against OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.12.6 (Sierra), 10.13.6 (High Sierra), 10.14.6 (Mojave), and 10.15.5 (Catalina).
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and earlier are unsupported.
Important Compatibility Note:
- If you are already using the Brainsight 2.5 beta, don’t install this version.
Changes since version 2.4.4:
- Fixed a crash that could occur opening projects created by older versions of Brainsight, where the project once contained NIRS data that was subsequently deleted.
- Exporting .nirs files can now include the results of any analysis that was performed.
- Exported .nirs files now contain metadata indicating that centimetres are used for positional information. This will prevent Homer2 from having to ask.
- The Vet Robot Configuration window no longer shows a ring around the flange in the camera views because the concept does not apply to the newest hardware.
- The newest version of the FTDI device driver (2.4.4) is now installed (this controls communication with RS-232 serial devices like the Polaris camera and Magstim TMS stimulator).
- Improved compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina by supporting ‘notarization’. This eliminates the “Brainsight can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software” error message.
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
- Brainsight 2.4.5 can be downloaded from our website here: <https://www.rogue-research.com/downloads>
- You might also need to download “Support Files Human 1.5” and/or “Support Files Vet 1.3” if you have an older version. Brainsight will warn at launch if that’s the case.
- You’ll need your serial number, which you can get from Brainsight itself from the Brainsight menu > ‘Enter/View Serial Number’.
- Please report any and all bugs, feedback, suggestions, etc. to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at +1-866-984-3888 (Canada & USA) or +1-514-284-3888.
The Rogue Research Team